CEMB Applicant Profile
The Applicant Profile
- Should provide important information about the applicant's qualifications and goals.
Things that cannot come from the school transcripts, or letters of recommendation.
- This statement is very different from the GRE writing assignments or medical school
application letters. Keep it short and to the purpose at hand.
- The Program Director will review this document to summarize the applicants qualities.
- This will be critical to attracting interest from program faculty
- Interested faculty will then read the entire applicant profile to determine whether
the applicant matches their research program. Length is a detriment. Keep the statement
concise and informative. Brevity is important.
Important Information to Include
- What research experience have you had and with whom
- What are your post graduate degree goals (i.e., what do you plan to do after completing
your graduate degree)
- What are your specific areas of research interest
- Which program faculty have research that is attractive to you
What does not need to be in the applicant profile
- Childhood experiences
- Colorful memories
Blank Applicant Profile
View an example of a completed Applicant Profile